Forum

Bath bomb...bomb  

RSS

Hellen Die
(@eatthedead)
Member Admin
12/02/2018 12:03 pm  

We're posting a new bath bomb this month (officially scheduled for the 27th of February) but along the way, ran into some problems.  I was trying to come up with a faster way to dry them out so I could rush the process and cut the time down between molding and testing and thought I'd shortcut by popping a batch in the oven at a low temp for 30 minutes. 

Yes, it dried them out in record time...but it resulted in rock-hard bombs that just wouldn't dissolve and left huge chunks of black crunchy sand in the bottom of the tub.  Normally a bath bomb takes around 3-5 minutes to really dissolve.  These bastards took almost 15 minutes, and even then, never completely dissolved.

Here's a link to the Youtube time-lapse video of the first test sped up over 25X faster than real-time...

https://youtu.be/qaWYoUrWI6w

Enjoy!

Edited: 7 days  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

(Visited 164 times, 1 visits today)
THIS WORK IS LICENSED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL, NO-DERIVATIVES 2.5 INTERNATIONAL LICENSE. YOU’RE WELCOME TO MAKE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SHOWCASED ON THE NECRO NOM-NOM-NOMICON, BUT MAY NOT DO IT FOR COMMERCIAL OR FINANCIAL GAIN. YOU MAY NOT COPY, DISTRIBUTE OR MODIFY THESE RECIPES IN ANY WAY WITHOUT EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE NECRO NOM-NOM-NOMICON. NO RECIPE, TUTORIAL OR PROJECT MAY BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL OR PROFIT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION.
%d bloggers like this: